Ayurveda is an ancient way of curing a number of diseases. It has also been used to treat psoriasis sometimes. Psoriasis treatment in Ayurveda includes herbals remedies, a special diet, and some other supportive medical practices.
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a kind of skin problem that has been caused because of excessive growth of skin cells that leads to accumulation of plaque-like deposits on the skin. Psoriasis is a kind of problem that can be faced by both genders.
Is psoriasis genetic?
Psoriasis is a condition that can affect anyone regardless of age and gender. Psoriasis can affect man, women, and children as well. But if one of your family members is already suffering from psoriasis then you are more likely to suffer from psoriasis.
The genetic risk associated with psoriasis
- There are 75% chances of having psoriasis if both of your parents are suffering from psoriasis.
- There are 15%chances of having psoriasis if one of your parents is suffering from psoriasis.
- There are 20% chances of having psoriasis if your sibling is suffering from psoriasis.
There is no age for psoriasis to grow. It is better to treat the problem when it is in its initial stage. Here is a list of herbal remedies for psoriasis
- Keep your skin moist
Don’t forget to keep your skin moist. Add plenty of moisturizer on your skin. You can use coconut oil or sesame oil as a moisturizer. Gently apply moisturizer on your skin and remove dried skin flakes from your skin. Use moisturizing agents that are greasy and thick.
Dry skin leads to cracks that can increase infection. That is why it is necessary to keep your skin moist.
- Avoid harsh body soaps
Harsh body soaps extract natural oils from the skin. This dryness makes your skin more susceptible to bacteria and infections.
An Ayurvedic remedy for psoriasis
- Mix Fenugreek (methi) seeds, orange lentil (Masoor) and green gram flours in the same proportion, take 3 spoons of the mixture and soak it in water. Apply the mixture on the skin to get better results and to cure psoriasis and skin related infections.
- Neem and Tulsi are the other herbal remedies that can be used to cure psoriasis. You can also consume their leaves or can make a paste of their leaves to apply externally. Both methods will give great results and you can see significant results in a month or two.
- Use a humidifier at your area
Don’t forget to use a humidifier in your area to create a moist environment. A humidifier helps in improving the moisture of the area thus prevents drying of the skin.
- Reduce body weight and stress level
If you want to control psoriasis in an obsessed person then it will be difficult. However, if you are fit then controlling skin problems becomes easy. So start losing your weight if you are obsessed to control psoriasis.
Stress and overweight can worsen psoriasis. Practice Yoga, meditation which will help you not just only reducing your stress level but as well as makes you feel good and fit.
- Dietary and lifestyle changes
According to Ayurveda, making little lifestyle changes and dietary changes can be helpful in treating psoriasis. You should avoid eating opposite foods at once. Other than this, you should also avoid eating acidic and salty foods if you are suffering from the problem whether in a very small area.
In most of the cases, non-vegetarian food is restricted to psoriasis patients. Other than this, you should keep an eye on what are you eating like keep control of your acidic contents, sugar contents, carbohydrates, and on consumption of fast foods and preserved food.
Wrapping it all up!!!
Psoriasis is a skin related disease which can cause irritation and discomfort. It should be treated in its initial stage else it can lead to further problems. The way to treat psoriasis in Ayurveda is blood purification. Healthy diet and lifestyle, detoxification can be really very helpful.